- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1/4 cup bourbon or orange juice
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup mixed candied fruit, diced into small
- 1 1/2 cup whole red candied cherries
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Stir together raisins and bourbon or orange juice and let stand for 1 hour.
- Mix or sift together flour, baking powder and spices and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until fluffy; beat in brown sugar, then egg.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Add raisins/bourbon mixture, pecans and fruits; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonsful about 1 inch apart onto greased cookie sheet (or use parchment
- With wet fingers, press fruit and nuts into batter to form a compact ball.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies at once to cool on racks.
- Before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- Store airtight in cool, dry place with wax paper between layers.
Yield: about 48 cookies
Recipe can be doubled.
Source: Woman's Day Christmas Crafts and Foods Book 1983