Maple Walnut Crisps
- 44 Club crackers (2 1/2 inches x 1-inch)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon maple
- Place crackers in a single layer in a parchment paper-lined 15 x 10 x 1-inch
baking pan (jellyroll pan). Set aside.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and syrup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes
or until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread evenly over crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until tops appear dry.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 44 crisps
Nutrition: 1 crisp equals 104 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg
cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic
Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch