Mexican Wedding Cookies
Five ingredients and 20 minutes later, your oven is baking these sweet,
melt-in-your-mouth celebration cookies. Eat now or forever hold your peace.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup finely chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter, 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract in large
bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour and pecans, beating on low speed after each addition
until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place, 1 1/2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 14 to 15 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets.
- Roll warm cookies in remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar until evenly coated;
place on wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
Yield: about 4 dozen or 24 servings, two cookies each
Make it Easy: Use a blender or food processor to finely chop the pecans. Just
be careful not to over-process them or you'll end up with nut butter!
Nutritional Information: Calories 160 Total fat 11 g Saturated fat 4 g Cholesterol
20 mg Sodium 55 mg Carbohydrate 14 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 5 g Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 6 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 4 %DV
Recipe and photo credit: