Mint Chocolate Truffle Cookies
Made with crushed candy canes, these Mint Chocolate Truffle Cookies would
make a nice, pepperminty addition to your annual holiday cookie exchange.
- 6 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 2
minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add sugar; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until well blended after each addition.
- Add combined flour and baking powder; mix well. (Dough will be very soft.)
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Roll heaping teaspoonsful of dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place, 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set. (Do not over-bake.)
- Immediately sprinkle with crushed candy.
- Cool for 1 minute on baking sheets.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
Yield: about 3 1/2 dozen or 22 servings, two cookies each
Chocolate and mint make a terrific winter combination. Enjoy a serving of these
truffle cookies at your next holiday celebration.
Prepare and bake cookies as directed; cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap,
then place in airtight container or resealable freezer-weight plastic bag. Freeze
up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
Variation: Prepare as directed, using 1 package (6 squares) BAKER'S Bittersweet
Baking Chocolate and increasing sugar to 1 1/4 cups.
Nutritional Information: Calories 180 Total fat 9 g Saturated fat 5 g Cholesterol
35 mg Sodium 65 mg Carbohydrate 23 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 13 g Protein 2 g Vitamin
4 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 6 %DV
Reprinted with permission from