Nestle Toll House Swirled Holiday
Chocolate Chip Cookies
SWIRLED™ Holiday morsels make this cookie a perfect choice for holiday gift giving
that "money can't buy.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE SWIRLED™ Holiday Morsels
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine Swirled and semi-sweet morsels in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer
bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 1/4 cups morsels and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Top dollops with remaining morsels.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool
Yield: 54 cookies (4 1/2 dozen)
Pan Cookies: Grease 15 x 10-inch
jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above, stirring in 1 cup morsels. Spread into prepared
pan. Sprinkle with remaining morsels. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden
brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Yield: 4 dozen bars
High Altitude Baking (5,200 feet): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons
water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each.
Bake drop cookies for 10 to 12 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.
* If omitting nuts, add 1-2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.