No-Bake Gingerbread Balls
"No-Bake Gingerbread" is best when fresh, but will keep for several
- 1 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups unflavored breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Red- and green-colored sugars for garnish
- Whole cloves
- Put the honey into a 2-quart saucepan and slowly bring it to a boil. Do
not leave it unattended or it will boil over. Skim any residue that rises to
- When skimmed, add pepper and cinnamon. Stir for one minute.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Add breadcrumbs. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Cool completely.
- When cool, roll small bits of dough into 1-inch balls with your hands.
- Roll the balls in colored sugar until the entire surface is coated.
- Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Store the gingerbread in an airtight container. Include a few whole cloves
in the container for additional flavor.
Yield: about 30 (1-inch) balls