- 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
teaspoon vanilla extract
Frosting and Drizzle
- 1/4 cup butter flavored shortening
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups (1 pound) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees; grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with butter flavored
- Cream the shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl, using an electric mixer
on medium speed.
- Blend in the brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time; beat until creamy.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine the milk and vanilla extract in a measuring cup.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk alternately to the creamed mixture. Mix on low
speed, scraping the bowl frequently, until blended.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- For the frosting, cream the shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl on medium
- Add the sugar and milk; beat until fluffy.
- Spread over the cooled cookies.
- For the drizzle, melt the chocolate chips in a small saucepan over very low heat.
- Drizzle the chocolate from the end of a spoon back and forth over the frosting.
- Cut into squares.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes until the chocolate is firm.
Source: Treasury of Christmas recipes