Orange Blossom Spritz
Look for orange-color decorating sugar to sprinkle over the oven-ready dough.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4
cups all-purpose flour
- Colored sugar, decorative candies, or nuts (optional)
Orange Frosting (optional)
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for
- Add sugar and baking powder and beat well.
- Add egg, orange peel and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
- Beat in as much flour as you can. Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
Do not chill dough.
- Pack dough into a cookie press. Force dough through press onto ungreased cookie
sheets. If you like, decorate with colored sugar, decorative candies, or nuts. Or,
drizzle with Orange Frosting if you like.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are
firm but not brown.
- Remove cookies and cool on wire racks.
- Orange Frosting: Stir together powdered sugar, vanilla
extract and orange juice.
- Add enough additional orange juice to make of drizzling consistency.
Source: BHG More Christmas Cookies - 2001