Pecan Cookie Balls
These buttery melt-in-your mouth cookies will be a holiday hit. They make a great
gift idea or cookie exchange addition.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners'
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick®
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer
on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/2 cup of the sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt; beat until well blended.
- Stir in flour and pecans.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from baking sheets. Immediately roll hot cookies in remaining
2 cups sugar. Place sugared cookies on wire racks to cool.
- When cool, roll again in sugar.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes per batch
Yield: 4 dozen or
24 (2 cookie) servings
Reprinted with permission from