An extravagant dessert of a fudgy brownie layered with peppermint frosting and
a rich chocolate glaze. You'll want to include this in a holiday dessert tray or
package for a cookie exchange or gift basket.
- 1 package (family-size) fudge brownie mix
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet baking
chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Crushed peppermint candies (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Spread in greased foil-lined
15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out almost
clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat confectioners’ sugar, 7 tablespoons of the butter, melted,
cream and peppermint extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed
until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly over cooled brownie. Refrigerate
- Microwave chocolate and remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter in large microwave
bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely
melted. Spread over top of chilled brownie. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint
candies, if desired.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: 36 servings
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 220 Sodium:
91mg Fat: 12g Carbohydrates: 26g Cholesterol: 24mg Protein: 2g Fiber: 1g
Reprinted with permission from