Peppermint Candy Cookies
Love peppermint candy? Here's a buttery cookie to complete your sweet satisfaction.
- 1 (17.5 ounce) pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter
or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 container
(12 ounces) Betty Crocker Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1 teaspoon peppermint
- Red sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg and flour until soft dough
- Roll dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie
sheet. Flatten slightly with bottom of glass.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely,
about 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix frosting and peppermint extract. Spread each cookie with frosting.
- Using small spoon, sprinkle red sugar onto cookies in spiral design to look like
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
How-To: Spoon sugar into a resealable plastic
bag; snip off a corner and squeeze to sprinkle over frosted cookies.
Variation: Use green sugar for the red, if
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 70); Total
Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 75mg; Total
Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 14g); Protein 0g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate
Choices: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.