Praline Lace Cookies
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) corn syrup
- 3/4 cup
(175 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons (75
g) ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) triple sec liqueur
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (189 degrees C). Grease two cookie sheets.
- Place brown sugar, corn syrup and unsalted butter in a medium size saucepan
over medium heat. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil, then immediately remove
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by 1/2 teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets leaving at least 2 inches
around each cookie as the batter spreads very thin, cooks and then forms a lacy
- Bake for 6 minutes or until slightly hardened.
- Remove carefully from pan with spatula.
Yield: Approximately 6 dozen cookies