Raspberry Almond Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- Combine butter, sugar and almond extract in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium
speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (2 to 3 minutes).
- Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat, scraping bowl often, until well mixed
(2 to 3 minutes).
- Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie
sheets. Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb (edges may crack
- Fill each indentation with about 1/4 teaspoon jam.
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, stir together all glaze ingredients in small bowl with wire whisk
- Drizzle over cookies.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies