Raspberry Coconut Bars
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter or margarine,
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (7
ounces) BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut (2 2/3 cups)
- 1/3 cup red raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix flour and salt in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add water, stirring with fork until well blended.
- Press firmly onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until frothy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and lemon colored.
- Gently stir in coconut.
- Spread preserves over crust to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Carefully spread coconut mixture over preserves.
- Continue baking for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into 24 bars.
Yield: 24 servings, 1 bar each
Storage Know-How: Close opened bags of coconut
tightly and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 130; Total fat 7g; Saturated fat 4.5g;
Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 80mg; Carbohydrate 15g; Dietary fiber 1g; Sugars 10g; Protein
2g; Vitamin A 2%DV; Vitamin C 0%DV; Calcium 0%DV; Iron 2%DV
Reprinted with permission from