Red and Green Holiday Pinwheels
- 1 (16.5 ounce) roll Pillsbury Create 'n Bake Refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons red sugar
- 3 tablespoons green sugar
- Cut cookie dough in half. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the flour onto work surface. Roll
out half of dough to 12 x 7-inch rectangle.
- Repeat with remaining half of dough and 1/4 cup flour. Sprinkle 1 rectangle evenly
with red sugar; sprinkle green sugar evenly over second rectangle.
- Starting with shortest side, roll up each rectangle jelly-roll fashion.
- Wrap rolls in waxed paper; refrigerate at least 1 hour for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each roll into 16 slices.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, place slices 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
Yield: 32 cookies
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Recipe and photo credit: