- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- M&M Candies for decoration
- Combine butter, molasses, brown sugar, egg and lemon peel in large bowl. Beat
at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Sift all dry ingredients together and slowly add to liquid ingredients.
- Cover, refrigerate for three hours.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board and use a round cookie cutter.
- Place cutouts 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Pinch each cookie on
- Position two pretzels at the top of each cookie to form antlers, then create
eyes and noses with M&M candies.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the pan immediately and cool.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 12/7/2001 12:13 am.