Sparkle Edge Icebox Cookies
- Excelle Elite Cookie Sheet
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) butter, cut into 16 pieces
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles, Jimmies and Sparkling Sugars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In food processor, combine flour, sugar and salt. Pulse several times to mix.
- Add butter and pulse until butter is broken up and incorporated with the flour
to form a crumbly mixture.
- In small bowl, combine egg yolks, milk and vanilla extract; add to flour mixture.
Pulse until dough comes together.
- Turn out onto waxed paper and form dough into one 10-inch log. Roll in colored
sprinkles or sugars and chill several hours until firm.
- Once chilled, slice into 1/4-inch slices and bake for 10-12 minutes or until
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies
Reprinted with permission from
Wilton - Copyright 2003-2007 Wilton Industries
- All rights reserved.