Bread Pudding and Brandy Apricot Sauce
- 5 cups dry French bread with crusts, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup apricot preserves (12-ounce jar)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brandy or orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread bread cubes in an 8 x 8-inch pan coated with non-stick spray.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs until frothy; add sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon,
butter and milk. Beat until well mixed.
- Stir in raisins. Pour over bread, pressing bread down until coated; let stand
for 40 minutes, occasionally pressing bread down to soak.
- Bake for 50 minutes until pudding is browned and puffy.
- Bring apricot preserves and water to a boil. Cook for 1 minute. Add brandy and
- Serve warm over bread pudding.
Nutrition: Each serving provides approximately: 365 calories, 7 g protein,
67 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 6 g fat (3 g saturated), 55 mg cholesterol, 49 mcg
folate, 3 mg iron, 407 mg sodium
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Wheat Foods Council