Budin de Rompope para Navidad
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, large
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1 inch long) cinnamon
- 1 envelope of flavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries or strawberries with sugar, thawed
- Rompope: Scald eggnog and milk by heating together in small saucepan over
medium heat for about five minutes or until temperature reaches 180 degrees F. Set
- Beat egg yolks with all but one tablespoon sugar until pale and thick.
- Add salt and stick cinnamon.
- Whisk 1/4 cup of hot milk mixture into beaten egg yolks. Pour yolk mixture into
remaining hot milk mixture. Cook, whisking constantly, over medium-low heat, until
mixture coats the back of a metal spoon and thickens slightly, about 4 minutes.
Do not boil. Set aside.
- Soften gelatin in cold water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk into milk mixture to dissolve gelatin. Remove stick cinnamon; discard.
Add rum and vanilla.
- Chill in refrigerator until mixture begins to set, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Whip cream with remaining one tablespoon sugar until stiff.
- Fold whipped cream into milk mixture. pour into 8 glass dessert dishes.
- Chill until set.
- Serve with Fruit Sauce.
- Fruit Sauce: Process berries in blender until smooth; strain out seeds if
desired. Pour into glass pitcher; pass with Rompope.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Christmas Dessert Recipes
>> Christmas Recipes Index