Candy Cane Dessert Cups
This dessert is made by layering crisp sugar cookies with a sweetened peppermint
whipped cream. After refrigeration, the cookies soften, resulting in a cakelike
- 1 roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red food color
- 10 striped peppermint candies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Very thinly slice cookie dough to make 30 cookies. Place 2 inches apart on 2
ungreased large cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and crispy.
- Cool for 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar with electric
mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Beat in peppermint extract and food color until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer to serving bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Pipe or spoon about 2 tablespoons whipped cream mixture into bottom of each of
10 small glass canning jars or small dessert cups. Top each with cookie. Repeat
with remaining whipped cream mixture and cookies, finishing with whipped cream.
- Cover each jar, and refrigerate for about 4 hours or until cookies are softened.
- Top each glass with a striped peppermint candy.
prep time 10 min | total time 4 hr 30 min | servings 10
Make the cookies up to a day in advance. Store in resealable food-storage plastic
To make smaller ice box cakes in shot glasses, bake the cookies using level teaspoons
of dough to make 75 cookies. Continue as directed in recipe. Makes 25 mini ice box
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):