Chocolate Fig Pudding
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup dried figs, diced
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large electric mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add cocoa powder and mix until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, stir together chocolate chunks, flour, salt, cream of tartar
and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk to the chocolate mixture; mix
well. Fold in figs.
- Pour batter into six well-buttered individual molds or one well-buttered 1 1/2-quart
- Place pudding(s) on center rack of oven, with a roasting pan of boiling water
on the rack below.
- Bake for 35 minutes for individual molds or 1 hour for large mold, or until a wooden
pick inserted in the center comes out nearly clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; unmold.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin