Chocolate Pate with Cranberry Coulis
- 1 1/2 cups Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 3/4 cup Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, garnish
- Cranberry Coulis: Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until
- Pate: Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Combine 1/4 cup cream with egg yolk; set aside.
- Combine chocolate, corn syrup and butter or margarine in a medium saucepan. Cook
over low heat until melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Add cream mixture to saucepan. Cook 1 minute over medium heat,
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining cream with vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl until soft peaks
form. Use a rubber scraper to gently mix the chocolate into the whipped cream. Pour into pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or freeze 3 hours.
- Spoon some Cranberry Coulis on a dessert plate. Place a slice of Chocolate Pate
- Garnish with whipped cream.
Yield: 10 servings; 1 3/4 cups Cranberry Coulis
Per Serving: Cal. 443, Total Fat 30grams, Saturated Fat 18grams, Protein
3grams, Carb. 48grams, Chol. 86mg, Dietary Fiber 3grams, Sugar 35grams, Vit. A 215RE,
Folate 4Ug, Vit. E <1mg, Vit. C 7mg, Sodium 83mg, Pot. 34mg, Iron 1.5mg, Calcium
44mg, Zinc <1mg
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.