Christmas Eggnog Ice Cream
This is festive served from a punch bowl into cups or mugs.
- 4 cups milk
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 10 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Warm milk; add eggs, sugar and salt. Cook, stirring constantly,
until temperature reaches 155 degrees F or until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat and add cream. Stir occasionally while mixture cools.
- In separate bowl combine brandy, vanilla extract, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Beat flavorings into cooled custard mixture.
- Freeze in ice cream freezer. Pack to let ice cream set up.
Yield: 1 gallon
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.