Christmas Marshmallow Squares
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few grains of salt
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries (half red, half green)
- 30 large marshmallows cut into quarters
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs (or vanilla wafer crumbs)
- 2 1/2 cups coconut
- Blend together milk, vanilla extract and salt.
- Add cherries, marshmallows and Graham or wafer crumbs.
- Line an 8- or 9-inch pan with half the coconut.
- Add marshmallow mixture, spreading evenly over the pan.
- Top with remaining coconut. Press firmly.
- Place in refrigerator for 24 hours to ripen.
- Unmold and cut into squares.