Christmas Plum Pudding
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped citron
- 1 1/2 cups pitted prunes, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fine bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Cream the butter and sugar together in an electric mixer.
- Beat the eggs in, one at a time.
- Combine the citron, prunes, raisins, and pecans in another bowl.
- Add the flour to the fruit and nut mixture and toss together
so that everything is coated with flour.
- Add to the butter and egg mixture along with the remaining ingredients.
Blend for 1 minute so that all is incorporated.
- Grease and flour a soufflé dish, about 7 x 4 inches.
- Add the heavy batter and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 50
to 55 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Serve warm by spooning out or cool and cut into pieces.
- Garnish with the whipped cream.
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by Cookin'Mom at Recipe Goldmine 12/11/2001 7:30 am.