Coffee Cream Puffs
- 35 ounces water
- 4 sticks (1 pound) butter
- 1 ounce sugar
- 3/4 ounce salt
- 20 ounces bread flour
- 12 large eggs
- Whipped cream
- Coffee extract
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine water, butter, sugar, salt in pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add all flour at one time. Stir quickly
and put back on heat. Stir vigorously until dough pulls away from sides of the pot.
- Put dough in mixer and mix on low until
dough has cooled (until you can touch the mixing bowl without
burning your hand!). Add eggs slowly.
- Mix whipped cream and coffee extract to taste.
- Put dough into piping bag. Using a large star tip, pipe balls
of dough on nonstick sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F, then turn heat down to
375 degrees F for an additional five minutes.
- Let cool, then cut in half and pipe in coffee-flavored whipped cream.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar or cocoa and serve.