Coffee Cream Puffs
- 35 ounces water
- 4 sticks (1 pound) butter
- 1 ounce sugar
- 3/4 ounce salt
- 20 ounces bread flour
- 12 large eggs
- Whipped cream
- Coffee extract
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine water, butter, sugar, salt in pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add all flour at one time. Stir quickly
and put back on heat. Stir vigorously until dough pulls away from sides of the pot.
- Put dough in mixer and mix on low until
dough has cooled (until you can touch the mixing bowl without burning your hand!). Add eggs slowly.
- Mix whipped cream and coffee extract to taste.
- Put dough into piping bag. Using a large star tip, pipe balls
of dough on nonstick sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F, then turn heat down to
375 degrees F for an additional five minutes.
- Let cool, then cut in half and pipe in coffee-flavored whipped cream.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar or cocoa and serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.