Cranberry-Herbal Tea Granita
Here's a light and tasty icy-cool ending to a festive holiday dinner.
TIME-SAVER: If you don't want the hassle of stirring every 30 minutes, stir granita after 2 hours, then cover and freeze
3 hours or overnight. To serve, scrape surface of granita with fork and spoon into glasses.
SPECIAL TOUCH: Garnish with festive kiwifruit stars. To easily make the stars, cut slices of kiwifruit with a small, deep star-shaped cookie cutter.
Rosemary-Green Tea Granita: Substitute green tea for the red zesty tea, pineapple juice for the cranberry juice
and a rosemary sprig for the cinnamon stick.
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 slice orange
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 tea bags red zesty herbal tea flavored with hibiscus, rose hips and lemongrass
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- Fresh fruit, if desired
- Thin almond wafer cookies, if desired
- Insert cloves into peel of orange slice. In 2-quart saucepan, heat water, sugar, cinnamon and orange slice to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; add tea bags. Cover; let steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags, cinnamon stick and orange slice.
- Stir cranberry and pineapple juices into tea. Pour into 2-quart nonmetal bowl or 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- Cover; freeze about 2 hours or until partially frozen.
- Stir with fork or wire whisk.
- Cover; freeze 3 hours longer, stirring every 30 minutes and breaking up any large chunks.
- Remove granita from freezer 20 minutes before serving.
- Spoon into stemmed glasses.
- Garnish with fruit and cookies.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 0); Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 0mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 23g); Protein 0g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.