Cranberry Turtle Dessert Pizza
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from 17.3 ounce package), thawed as directed on package
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 cup Ocean Spray® Cran•Cherry® Cherry Cranberry Juice Drink
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (6 ounce) package Ocean Spray® Craisins® Trail Mix - Cranberry & Chocolate
- 1/4 cup finely crushed potato chips
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 10 to 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Unfold pastry onto work surface; roll lightly to smooth out creases. With sharp knife, cut 9 1/2-inch circle from puff pastry. Place circle on pan; prick all over with fork. Mix egg with 1 tablespoon of the water; brush over dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, mix cherry cranberry juice drink and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Combine caramels and 1 tablespoon of the water in medium microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave on High for 1 to 2 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Pour caramel over cooled crust, spreading almost to edge.
- Sprinkle with trail mix, pressing lightly into caramel.
- Drizzle with cherry cranberry reduction; top with potato chips.
- Cool slightly until caramel is set.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
2008 Ultimate Cranberry Recipe Contest Finalist Beverly Jones, Brunswick, MO
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.