Cranberry Turtle Dessert Pizza
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from 17.3-ounce package), thawed as directed on package
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 cup Ocean Spray® Cran•Cherry® Cherry Cranberry Juice Drink
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (6-ounce) package Ocean Spray® Craisins® Trail Mix - Cranberry & Chocolate
- 1/4 cup finely crushed potato chips
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 10 to 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Unfold pastry onto work surface; roll lightly to smooth out creases. With sharp
knife, cut 9 1/2-inch circle from puff pastry. Place circle on pan; prick all over
with fork. Mix egg with 1 tablespoon of the water; brush over dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, mix cherry cranberry juice drink and sugar. Bring
to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes
or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Combine caramels and 1 tablespoon of the water in medium microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave on High for 1 to 2 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring every
- Pour caramel over cooled crust, spreading almost to edge.
- Sprinkle with trail mix, pressing lightly into caramel.
- Drizzle with cherry cranberry reduction; top with potato chips.
- Cool slightly until caramel is set.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
2008 Ultimate Cranberry Recipe Contest Finalist Beverly Jones, Brunswick, MO