Creamy Cranberry Dessert
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8-serving size) JELL-O Brand Cranberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 cup cold cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 tub (8 ounces) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 10 vanilla creme-filled pirouette cookies, cut in half
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 minutes until
completely dissolved. Stir in juice.
- Refrigerate 1 1/4 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten
- Add 2 cups of the whipped topping; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Stir
in cranberry sauce.
- Pour into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Unmold dessert onto serving plate.
- Frost with the remaining whipped topping.
- Press cookies vertically into sides of dessert.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
Substitute: Prepare as directed, using 2 packages (4-serving size each) JELL-O
Brand Cranberry Flavor Gelatin.
Variation: Prepare as directed, substituting JELL-O Brand Orange Flavor Gelatin
for the cranberry flavor gelatin and cold water for the cranberry juice cocktail.
Looking for something to serve at your next holiday get-together? This impressive
dessert makes enough for 10 servings.
Nutritional Information: Calories 280 Total fat 7 g Saturated fat 6 g Cholesterol
5 mg Sodium 115 mg Carbohydrate 52 g Dietary fiber 0 g Sugars 45 g Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 0 %DV Vitamin C 15 %DV Calcium 2 %DV Iron 0 %DV
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):