Easy Raspberry Trifle
Not only is this divine dessert easy to make, but it's almost fat free!
- 1 box Betty Crocker white angel food cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups cold water
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 box (8-serving size) sugar-free raspberry flavored gelatin
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 3 containers (6 ounces each) Yoplait Original red raspberry yogurt
- Move oven rack to lowest position (remove other racks). Heat oven to 350
- In extra-large glass or metal bowl, beat cake mix and cold water on low
speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 1 minute.
- Pour into an ungreased 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan. Do not use a
fluted tube cake pan or 9-inch angel food (tube) cake pan, or batter will overflow.
- Bake for 37 to 47 minutes or until top is dark golden brown and cracks feel
very dry and not sticky. Do not under-bake.
- Immediately turn pan upside down onto glass bottle until cake is completely
cool, about 1 hour.
- Run knife around edges; remove from pan.
- Tear cake into about 3/4-inch pieces.
- Pour boiling water on gelatin in large bowl; stir until gelatin is dissolved.
Add raspberries. (If desired, remove several raspberries and reserve for garnish.)
Refrigerate gelatin mixture about 15 minutes or until thickened but not set.
- Layer half each of the cake pieces, gelatin mixture and yogurt in 3-quart
glass bowl; repeat.
- Garnish with reserved raspberries.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours until firm.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining dessert.
Makes 16 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Stir 1/3 cup cornstarch
into dry cake mix. Increase water to 1 1/3 cups. Beat on low speed 30 seconds; beat
on medium speed 3 minutes. Bake 53 to 58 minutes.
Substitution: You can use two 4-serving-size packages of raspberry-flavored gelatin
instead of one 8-serving-size package. Or replace the sugar-free raspberry gelatin
with regular raspberry-flavored gelatin.
Variation: If you are serving a smaller group, you can easily cut this recipe
in half. Bake cake as directed on package for two 9-inch loaf pans and freeze one
cake for later. Use half the ingredients, and layer them in a 1 1/2-quart serving
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 0); Total
Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 310mg; Total Carbohydrate
40g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 30g); Protein 5g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 8%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable Carbohydrate Choices:
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Yoplait is a registered trademark of YOPLAIT Marques Internationales SAS (France)
used under license.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills