Eggnog Cream Puffs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unflavored Knox Gelatine
- 2 cups dairy eggnog
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Chocolate fudge sauce
- 1/4 cup Crisco
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Filling: Combine cornstarch, sugar and gelatine in a nonreactive saucepan.
- Gradually stir in the eggnog. Blend until smooth, then turn on the heat. Cook gently, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Cool, stirring mixture often to prevent a skin from forming.
- When eggnog mixture has cooled completely, beat it until smooth.
- Whip the cream until stiff and fold into the cooled eggnog mixture.
- Fill 12 cream puff shells.
- Top with chocolate fudge sauce and refrigerate.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over each cream puff just before serving.
- Cream Puffs: Combine Crisco and boiling water and stir over low heat. Add all at once to this the flour and salt. Beat until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating vigorously after each addition.
- Drop from a tablespoon onto a greased sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Slice open and fill with eggnog filling.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.