Eggnog Cream Puffs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unflavored Knox Gelatine
- 2 cups dairy eggnog
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Chocolate fudge sauce
- 1/4 cup Crisco
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Filling: Combine cornstarch, sugar and gelatine in a nonreactive saucepan.
- Gradually stir in the eggnog. Blend until smooth, then turn on the heat. Cook
gently, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Cool, stirring mixture often to prevent a skin from forming.
- When eggnog mixture has cooled completely, beat it until smooth.
- Whip the cream until stiff and fold into the cooled eggnog mixture.
- Fill 12 cream puff shells.
- Top with chocolate fudge sauce and refrigerate.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over each cream puff just before serving.
- Cream Puffs: Combine Crisco and boiling water and stir over low heat. Add all
at once to this the flour and salt. Beat until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating vigorously after each addition.
- Drop from a tablespoon onto a greased sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Slice open and fill with eggnog filling.