Eggnog Macaroon Cream
with Raspberry Sauce
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 2 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup (about 7) macaroon cookie pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Macaroon Cream: Soften gelatine in 1 cup eggnog; stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Add sugar; stir until dissolved. Blend in remaining eggnog, sour cream and extract.
- Chill until thickened but not set.
- Fold whipped cream and cookies into eggnog mixture.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 2 quart mold or 8 individual molds; chill until firm.
- Unmold and serve with Raspberry Sauce.
- Raspberry Sauce: Drain raspberries, reserving syrup.
- Combine juice and cornstarch in saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring
constantly. Boil for 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in raspberries; chill.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin