Festive Popcorn Trees
Deck the Halls with Popcorn Trees
- 10 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 (10 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Decorating sugar (green, blue)*
- 1 tube white frosting (with decorating tip)
- Assorted small colorful candies, such as sprinkles and miniature silver dragees
- Place popcorn in large bowl.
- Place marshmallows and butter in medium saucepan over medium-low
heat. Stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture over popcorn in bowl. Toss well to coat popcorn evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spray hands with nonstick cooking spray, then scoop up about 1 cup
of popcorn mixture.
- Shape mixture into a cone shape, keeping the base flat. This forms
- Sprinkle tree with decorating sugar; place tree on baking sheet.
- Continue to make the rest of the trees.
- Pipe frosting on trees to make a garland, then decorate them with
Yield: 10 trees
Serving suggestion: Place each tree on a sugar cookie and decorate your
serving tray with shredded coconut to resemble snow.
It’s important that this recipe starts with unflavored white popcorn for
best color and flavor.
Make your own colored sugar by adding food coloring to sugar, stirring in
a bowl or shaking vigorously in a sealed container. Add more food coloring
for more intense tones.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): The Popcorn Board
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Christmas Dessert Recipes
>> Christmas Recipes Index