Flowered Eggnog Flan
The perfect combination of milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon help to create this
caramelized velvet flan. A light textured dessert that can be made the day before.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can
(12 fluid ounces) NESTLE CARNATION Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLE CARNATION Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, cut into
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
raspberries or edible flowers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, water and nutmeg in medium, heavy-duty saucepan; cook over low
heat, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes until dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high; boil, without stirring, for about 15 minutes or
until caramel colored.
- Quickly and very carefully (caramel is very hot) pour onto bottom of 6-cup round
mold or 9-inch-round baking pan; swirl around bottom and sides to coat.
- Place evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, eggs, rum and
cinnamon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into caramelized mold.
- Place mold in a large roasting pan; fill roasting pan with hot water to about
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Remove flan from water.
- Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Run small spatula around edge of mold. Invert serving plate over mold.
Turn over; shake gently to release. Caramelized sugar forms sauce.
- Garnish with raspberries and edible flowers.
Yield: 8 servings
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.