Fudgy Brownie Trifle
Easy to assemble, this layered indulgence will wow chocolate lovers of all ages! This fabulous crowd-pleasing dessert is extra-special when garnished with chocolate
curls or chocolate leaves.
- 1 package (18.3 ounces) Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
- 2/3 cup vegetable
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules or crystals
- 2 eggs
- 1 box (4-serving size) chocolate fudge instant pudding and pie filling mix
cups cold milk
- 1 bag (8 ounces) toffee bits
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen
whipped topping, thawed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water, coffee granules and eggs until
well blended. Spread in pan.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan
comes out clean or almost clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Cut brownies into 1-inch squares. Place half of the squares in bottom of 3-quart
- Make pudding mix as directed on box for pudding, using milk. Pour half of the
pudding over brownies in bowl. Top with half each of the toffee bits and whipped
- Repeat with remaining brownies, pudding, toffee bits and whipped topping.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes 20 servings
This chocolate pleaser can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time. You also can
bake the brownies and freeze them tightly covered up to 2 months.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 140); Total
Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 230mg; Total
Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 28g); Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 Fat Carbohydrate
Choices: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.