Ginger-Nut Apple Betty with
Warm Eggnog Custard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 medium apples (about 2 pounds), peeled, cored and sliced
- 12 NABISCO Ginger Snaps
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup PLANTERS Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix sugar, flour and cinnamon in large bowl until well blended. Add apples; toss
to evenly coat. Place in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place cookies in food processor or blender container; cover. Process until finely
crushed. Pour into medium bowl. Add oats, pecans and butter; mix well. Sprinkle
over apples; cover with lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until heated through.
- Serve warm or transfer to large bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Empty dry pudding mix into medium heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Bring milk just to boil on medium-high heat. Gradually add to pudding mix, beating
with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in nutmeg.
- Spoon over individual servings of dessert.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftover sauce and/or dessert.
Makes 8 servings.
Although this indulgent dessert is high in fiber, watch portion size!
Prepare as directed, adding dried or fresh cranberries to the apple mixture before
cooking. Adjust the sugar to taste.
Add 1 tablespoon rum to the sauce mixture along with the nutmeg.
Nutritional Information: Calories 300 Total fat 12 g Saturated fat 4 g Cholesterol
20 mg Sodium 330 mg Carbohydrate 45 g Dietary fiber 3 g Sugars 32 g Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 8 %DV Vitamin C 4 %DV Calcium 10 %DV Iron 6 %DV
Reprinted with permission from