Holiday "Eggnog" Squares
Why sip your eggnog when you can enjoy its creamy, nutmeg-spiked flavor in this
delicious bar dessert? This is the perfect dessert for your holiday celebration. Since it serves 16,
one recipe goes a long way!
- 67 NILLA Wafers, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 squares BAKER'S Premium White Baking Chocolate
cups cold milk
- 2 packages (4-serving size each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant
Pudding & Pie Filling
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- Crush 35 of the wafers; place in medium bowl.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add to wafer crumbs along with the sugar; mix well. Spoon into 9-inch square
pan; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Set aside.
- Place chocolate and remaining 1 tablespoon butter in small microwaveable bowl.
Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely
melted and mixture is well blended.
- Drizzle over crust.
- Pour milk into large bowl.
- Add dry pudding mixes, extract and nutmeg. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Spread half of the pudding mixture over crust; top with 16 of the remaining wafers.
- Cover with remaining pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares just before serving. Garnish with the remaining 16 wafers.
Makes 16 servings, one square each.
Jazz It Up: Prepare dessert and refrigerate as directed. Meanwhile, partially
dip the remaining 16 wafers in additional melted BAKER'S Premium White Baking
Chocolate. Immediately sprinkle coated portions of wafers with holiday sprinkles.
Let stand until chocolate is firm. Store at room temperature until ready to use
Substitute: Prepare as directed, using JELL-O Vanilla Instant Pudding & Pie
Nutritional Information: Calories 210; Total fat 9 g; Saturated fat 5 g;
Cholesterol 15 mg; Sodium 280 mg; Carbohydrate 31 g; Dietary fiber 0 g; Sugars 22
g; Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 4 %DV; Vitamin C 0 %DV; Calcium 6 %DV Iron
Reprinted with permission from