Holiday Ice Cream Sandwiches
These very merry ice cream sandwiches are decorated just for the holidays.
- 1 roll (16.5 ounces) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/4 cup red or
green decorator sugar crystals or clear edible glitter
- 2 1/4 cups any flavor
ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup miniature red and green candy-coated chocolate
candies or any candy sprinkles, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape cookie dough into 24 balls; roll in sugar. On ungreased cookie sheet, place
balls 3 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Cut nine 12 x 9-inch sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- In small shallow bowl, place chocolate candies.
- *For each sandwich, spoon about 1/4 cup ice cream onto bottom of 1 cookie. Top
with second cookie, bottom side down; press together gently. Roll outer edge of
ice cream in chocolate candies. Quickly wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap.
- Freeze for about 3 hours or until firm. For longer storage, place wrapped sandwiches
in resealable freezer plastic bag.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 1 Hr
Total Time: 4 Hr 10 Min
Makes: 12 sandwiches
For party presentation, stack ice cream sandwiches pyramid-style on a cake stand.
For dinner party dessert presentation, place each sandwich cookie on a silver,
gold or holiday-motif doily on individual dessert plates.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft)
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Sandwich) Calories 340 (Calories from
Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium
190mg; Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 31g), Protein 3g
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from