Merry Cherry Dessert
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling, divided
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8-serving size) JELL-O Brand Cherry Flavor
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 4 cups angel food cake cubes
- 3 cups cold
- 2 packages (4-serving size each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor
Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 tub (8 ounces) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping,
- Reserve 1/3 cup cherry pie filling for garnish, set aside.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 minutes
until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water and remaining cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes. or until slightly thickened (consistency of
unbeaten egg whites).
- Place cake cubes in 3-quart serving bowl. Spoon gelatin mixture over cake.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until set but not firm (should stick to finger
- Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2
minutes. Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Spoon over gelatin mixture
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Top with remaining whipped topping and reserved cherry pie filling.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
18 servings, 2/3 cup each
Healthy Living: Trim 20 calories and 1 gram of fat per serving by preparing with
lite cherry pie filling, fat-free milk and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
Substitute: Prepare as directed, using 2 packages (4-serving size each) JELL-O
Brand Cherry Flavor Gelatin.
Jazz It Up: Garnish with PLANTERS Sliced Almonds or fresh mint sprigs just before
Nutritional Information: Calories 190 Total fat 3 g Saturated fat 3 g Cholesterol
5 mg Sodium 310 mg Carbohydrate 38 g Dietary fiber 0 g Sugars 30 g Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 4 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 6 %DV Iron 0 %DV
Recipe and photo credit: