Paula Deen's Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
- 2 (14 ounce) packages gingerbread mix
- 1 (5.1 ounce) package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional
- Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool.
- Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar and cardamom into the pudding.
- Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl.
- Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping.
- Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping.
- Sprinkle the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.