Peppermint Marshmallow Sauce
This is very good over ice cream.
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (7 ounce) jar Marshmallow Creme
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup crushed hard peppermint candy
- In medium saucepan, cook corn syrup and butter over medium heat
until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Marshmallow Creme, blending well.
- Gradually add half-and-half, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Fold in crushed candy.
- Serve warm or cool over ice cream.
- Store any remaining topping in refrigerator.
Yield: 2 cups
>> All Christmas Recipes