- 1 package (about 20 ounces) brownie mix and/or 1 purchased 12 ounce loaf pound cake
- Peppermint ice cream
- 1 (12 ounce) can vanilla or white frosting
- 1 (14 ounce) package pull-apart red licorice string
- Fresh mint leaves
- Prepare brownie mix as directed.
- Bake in a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan for 15 minutes or until done in center.
- Cool and cut into 24 (2 1/2-inch) squares and/or cut pound cake into 12 slices,
1/2-inch thick. Trim edges to make even rectangles or squares.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow it to soften slightly.
- Make space in the freezer for a baking sheet to hold the ice cream presents.
- Place a piece of brownie or cake on a work surface. spoon a
1/2-inch layer of ice cream evenly on top. Place a second piece
of brownie or cake over ice cream. Immediately place on the tray in the freezer.
- Repeat with remaining brownies and/or cake slices.
- Pull the licorice strips apart into strings and cut into 10-inch
lengths. Tie into bows, one for each "present," and set aside.
- Remove the frozen ice cream presents from the freezer one by
one. Spread the tops with frosting. Crisscross two lengths of
licorice over the top and sides of each frosted cake, pressing
lightly into frosting. Place a licorice bow in the center.
- Place cake in freezer until frosting is firm.
- Individually wrap in plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and freeze for
up to 3 days.
- Top with mint leaves just before servings.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine o1/30/2001 11:32 am.