Popcorn Christmas Wreath
- 4 quarts unsalted popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Colored hard candy balls
- Ribbon bow, if desired
- Butter the surface of a 14-inch pizza pan or draw a wreath 14
inches in diameter and 4 to 5 inches wide on a sheet of heavy brown paper.
- Place popcorn in a large, buttered bowl.
- Combine sugar, syrup, butter or margarine, water and salt in
saucepan. Bring to boiling point over low heat, stirring until
sugar melts. Continue cooking until syrup reaches the hard crack stage (290-295 degrees F).
- Pour syrup in a fine stream over popcorn; stir just until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Pile unevenly around edge of buttered 14-inch
pizza pan or wreath pattern, leaving a 7 1/2-inch hole in center
to form a wreath.
- Decorate with clusters of colored hard candy balls and ribbon bow, if desired.
Makes one 14-inch wreath.
>> All Christmas Recipes