Roasted Cranberry Quesadillas
- 2 cups Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 (8-inch) flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- Maple syrup for drizzling
- Mint sprigs
- Vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cranberries, brown sugar, oil, orange zest and cinnamon in 11 x 7-inch
baking dish; toss until mixed. Spread mixture evenly in dish and bake for 30 to
40 minutes or until cranberries are tender, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble quesadillas, spread 1/4 of the cream cheese over each tortilla almost
to edges. Top 2 of the tortillas evenly with roasted cranberry mixture. Place remaining
2 tortillas cheese side down over cranberry mixture.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Place 1 of the quesadillas in skillet, pressing down firmly with metal spatula.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, carefully turning once. Add additional
butter to skillet if necessary.
- Cook remaining quesadilla.
- To serve, cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.
- Place on serving plates and drizzle with desired amount of maple syrup.
- Garnish with mint and serve with ice cream.
Makes 2 to 4 servings.
2008 Ultimate Cranberry Recipe Contest Finalist Michael Cohen, Los Angeles, CA
Reprinted with permission from
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.