Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a paper bag, combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper.
- Add chicken pieces, a few at a time; shake to coat well.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Add chicken; brown on all sides.
- Add onion, sherry and water. Cover; simmer for 1 hour or until chicken is done and tender.
- Transfer chicken to a hot platter; keep warm.
- Blend sour cream and mayonnaise into pan juices.
- Add parsley. Heat through, but do not boil. Pour over chicken.
Source: Ideal Christmas Cookbook