Chicken with White Wine and Mushrooms
- 4 chicken breast halves with skin and bone
- All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 to 15 ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; dust with flour.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken,
skin side down, and sauté until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and sauté 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to bowl.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, parsley and garlic to skillet; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juices and wine. Boil sauce until slightly
thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to sauce. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium
and simmer until chicken is cooked through and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and sauce to plates and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.