Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops
- 4 (3/4-inch) boneless pork chops
- Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chunky applesauce with cinnamon red hot candies
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush chops lightly with oil and brown chops on both sides, turning once, about
- Sprinkle chops with pepper, add broth and lemon juice. Reduce heat to low, cover
and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top with applesauce and cinnamon candies.
- In small saucepan, stir together 1 1/2 cups applesauce and 2 tablespoon candies.
Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until candies are melted; stir well to thoroughly
Serving Suggestions: Give your applesauce a red hot twist to update this family
favorite standard. Serve with roasted red potatoes and steamed green beans.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 280; Protein 22 grams; Fat 9 grams; Sodium 160
milligrams; Cholesterol 55 milligrams; Saturated Fat 3 grams; Carbohydrates 27 grams;
Fiber 1 gram
Recipe and photo credit:
National Pork Board