Cranberry Citrus-Glazed Pork Roast
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (16 ounce) can Ocean Spray Whole Berry or Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cranberry sauce, orange juice, orange zest and sage in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Set aside 1 cup glaze to serve with cooked pork.
- Place pork roast in a 13 x 9-inch roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F on a meat thermometer. Baste frequently during baking with remaining glaze. Discard any unused basting glaze.
- Let roast stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve glaze either warm or room temperature.
Per serving: Cal. 439 (21% DV), Fat Cal. 162, Pro. 39g (77% DV), Carb. 30g (9% DV), Fat 18g (27% DV), Chol. 88mg (29% DV), Sod. 307mg (12% DV), Vit. A 6RE (0% DV), Vit. C 7mg (12% DV), Vit. E <1mg (1% DV), Calcium 57mg (5% DV), Iron 1mg (7% DV), Folate 13Ug (3% DV), Zinc 5mg (33% DV), Pot. 617mg (17% DV)
Dietary Exchange: Fruit 2, Meat 5, Fat 1
Recipe and photo used with permission from: