Cranberry Roast Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (about
2 1/4 pounds)
- 1 (16 ounce) can Ocean Spray Whole Berry or Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse potatoes; pat dry. Place potatoes evenly in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Place chicken on top.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Pour mixture evenly
over chicken and potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes or until chicken is cooked throughout and potatoes
Makes 4 servings.
Per Serving: Cal. 591 (29% DV), Fat Cal. 162, Pro. 39g (78% DV), Carb. 67g
(22% DV), Fat 18g (27% DV), Chol. 103mg (34% DV), Sod. 445mg (18% DV), Vit. A 1936RE
(193% DV), Vit. C 22mg (36% DV), Vit. E 3mg (10% DV), Calcium 44mg (4% DV), Iron
2mg (9% DV), Folate 24Ug (6% DV), Zinc 1mg (9% DV), Pot. 623mg (17% DV)
Dietary Exchange: Fruit 2, Starch 2.5, Meat 4, Fat 1.5
Reprinted with permission from
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.