Greek Cranberry Pomegranate Marinated Roast Leg of Lamb
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (3 pound) butterflied leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, preferably Greek oregano
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups Ocean Spray® 100% Cranberry & Pomegranate Juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Unroll lamb and trim any excess fat. Make 1-inch slits with knife all over lamb.
- Combine lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and rub
over all sides of lamb and into slits.
- Place lamb in resealable plastic bag; add cranberry-pomegranate juice and place
in 13 x 9-inch pan. Refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheet with
foil; place a wire rack over pan. Spray rack and pan with cooking spray. Remove
lamb from marinade; discard marinade. Blot lamb dry with paper towel; brush with
olive oil. Place on wire rack.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until internal thermometer reaches 132 degrees F
for medium rare in the thickest part.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.